Design and set-up an open-innovation program to accelerate innovation in cleantechs
Veolia would like to accelerate its innovation by creating partnerships with start-ups in the cleantech sector, with the aim of enhancing the services offered to their customers and improving internal processes while developing a culture of innovation within the company.
A 3-step process:
- RESET: formulate needs, define a strategic innovation roadmap for the 4 divisions of the group, set the objectives of the program
- DESIGN: Design of the key elements of the programme: scouting strategy, selection, appraisal and implementation of partnerships, choice of internal governance, implementation of the tools necessary for the functioning of the monitoring project
- LAUNCH: implementation of the necessary partnerships with the entrepreneurial ecosystem to promote the program and attract the best start-ups, project appraisal to partnerships. Launching calls for thematic projects.
- + 500 identified start-ups + 15 partnerships signed
- Evolution from an R&D culture to a culture of open innovation in which internal stakeholders are positively engaged (R&D, technical departments, BUs)